Thursday, October 29, 2009

Links, 2009-10-28


  • Obama Signs $680 Billion Military Bill, a Victory Over Lobbyists – Now if only we weren’t spending $130 billion dollars on two wars and $550 billion for defense…
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape – because everyone wants it!
  • Verizon, Motorola unveil the Droid – I think if I were to buy a phone that actually cost me money, this would definitely be one of the top choices. It has an actual built-in keyboard, camera phone (standard now, I guess), but also has a GPS, 550MHz processor and a nice 1400mAh battery for plenty of talk time. At least for me the physical keyboard would be a reason to buy it right there, but on top of that they add the Android operating system which is much more open than the one Apple provides on the iPhone (since this is the “iPhone killer”, you know?).