Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Posterity

I’m not sure whether the best inventions really come from when people are in the shower, but I certainly had a realization. In 50, 60, 70, or however many years down the road when I’m getting to that age I would need to think of either moving into an assisted living home (or just shrugging it off and skydiving instead) and when I might lose my mind or be forgetting what happened in the past, I will hopefully realize the beauty of what we call a blog in this day and age. I’ll be a little selfish here and say that this blog is for nobody as much as it is for me. The modern diary or written history, a blog serves to hold memories and document events, photographs, names, and other points of interest for the future and years to come. Whatever form the Internet is in in 70 years, I hope to be able to recall my writings and read what I thought of things in my youth :)

On that cheerful note, I attended the TJ 25th Celebration tonight which included presentations by Bettie Stegall, a video by Ed Montgomery (TJHSST Communications System Research Lab director), current and past Principals, and performances by several TJ student groups. I was able to meet up with some people I hadn’t seen in years including Molly P, Jacob W, and several faculty (Ms. Groves still remembered my name :) ) members. If I’m not able to make it to J-Day next Friday, I bid Mr. Washer adieu from FCPS IT, and hope he has a fantastic time getting back into playwriting and the theater.

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”
--Don Williams, Jr.